It's the Friday before Thanksgiving! I feel like the fun is starting now. And it is for me because my son is here and will be here through Thanksgiving weekend. We've made our menu, invited our guests and started some of the (food) shopping. This past week has been fun as well, with some of these activities:
1. HUGE watermelon and mystery mug. We got this huge watermelon for $3.00. It was so sweet! The last of the season. Ant this mug with the letter B arrived in the mail- I have no idea who might have sent it to me! Kind of fun
2. Quinoa. We've been trying different quinoa recipes and this week we tried Apple-Almond Quinoa. Very delicious!
3. Going out to eat. We did not eat here, but we saw this place with a funny name on the way to eat at Izzy's Steak house-I'd been craving a steak and I found a Groupon for this place. The food was good and in a different part of town than we usually go to. It was a fun night out. After eating a huge steak dinner Bob went and passed out food to the homeless on the streets of San Francisco. I think his full belly made him feel kind of guilty as he ministered to all the cold people on the street.
4. Nashville. I can't get enough of this show. I'm not usually a country music fan, but the combination of music, believable characters and just the right amount of intrigue keeps me watching every week! (although I have to watch on my iPad after the fact because I usually work Wednesday nights)
5. Books. I went crazy this week and ordered about 10 books from the library. Some of them have long waits so hopefully they won't all be available at once. Now all I need is the time to read all of those interesting books!
6. Walks in the sunshine. We live in the sunny part of San Francisco and have enjoyed walking out in the neighborhood on our mild autumn days this week.
And of course, my cats. . .
|Why do they like him best?|
|Lugo lays here and keeps me company while I work|